The responsibilities of the Science Operations and User Support groups at JIVE include (among other things):
- Comprehensive support of astronomers who are not familiar with the VLBI technique but wish to use the European VLBI Network (EVN).
- Support of EVN users in proposal preparation, schedule production, data correlation, and post-correlation review of experiments.
- Support of EVN users in analyzing their VLBI data, including data analysis visits to JIVE.
- Monitoring the reliability and performance of the Network via the ftp fringe-tests, Network Monitoring Experiments (NME) and other feedback programmes.
- Support of the EVN Technical Operations Group (TOG).
- Providing an interface between the EVN and the Space VLBI Missions.
- Maintaining the EVN Home Page.