The Joint Institute for VLBI ERIC (JIVE - "us", "we", or "our") operates the www.jive.eu website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our website and other JIVE services (such as NorthStar), and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve services offered by JIVE. By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our website or other JIVE services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the different JIVE services are accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
JIVE uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website and other JIVE services,
- To notify you about changes to the website and other JIVE services,
- To provide user care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the website and other JIVE services,
- To monitor the usage of the website,
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the Netherlands and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the Netherlands and process it there.
Unless requested otherwise, we will retain your personal information for as long as is required by law.
Disclosure of Data
JIVE may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation,
- To protect and defend the rights or property of JIVE,
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website and other JIVE services,
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website and other JIVE services or the public,
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal information,
- correct your personal information - this will occur within one month of the request,
- request deletion of your personal information - this will occur within one month of the request, unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse the deletion of personal information; for example, in instances where we are required to keep the information by law.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.