User Tools

Site Tools


kickoff:agenda

EVN-NREN, EXPReS Kickoff and EXPReS Board Meeting Agendas

Presentations

EVN-NREN

  • “Summary of a PERT Case Smart-1 Transfer TIGO (CH) - JIVE (NL)” (Pekka Savola) PDF, 60KB
  • “FABRIC 4 Gigabit Work & VLBI-UDP Performance and Stability” (Richard Hughes-Jones) PPT, 6.6MB

EXPReS Kickoff

  • “EXPReS SA2: Network Provision for a global e-VLBI array” (P. Colomer) PDF, 426KB
  • “What is FABRIC? Future Arrays of Broadband Radio-telescopes on Internet Computing” (H.J. van Langevelde) PPT, 4.1MB

EXPReS Board Meeting

Presentations made at the EXPReS Board meeting appear on the Board Meeting agenda page.

Agendas

 .   
 <DRAFT>
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 EXPReS
 - Initial EVN-NREN, Kickoff, and Board Meetings
 - 31 Oct 2006 to 01 Nov 2006
 - Golden Tulip Hotel, Zaandam, the Netherlands
 - Agendas
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 EVN-NREN MEETING
 
 08:30 Coffee
 09:00 Welcome and Introduction: John Chevers (DANTE)
 09:15 Summary of eVLBI activity from 2006: Arpad Szomuru (JIVE)
 09:45 Summary of GÉANT2 activity from 2006 and wavelength service processes: John Chevers (DANTE)
 10:00 Rundown of SMART-1 PERT case history: Pekka Savola (CSC-FUNET/SWITCH)
 10:15 Round Table update of telescope connectivity (All)
 10:45 Coffee and exciting biscuits
 11:00 Connection of Medicina Telescope: Marco Marletta (GARR)
 11:15 FABRIC-4 project presentation: Richard Hughes-Jones (University of Manchester)
 11:30 A Simulation model for e-VLBI traffic on network links in the Netherlands: Julianne Sansa Otim
 11:45 Summary of forthcoming eVLBI activity in 2006/2007: Charles Yun (JIVE) - incl. wavelength services
 12:00 AOB and discussion
 12:30 LUNCH
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 KICKOFF MEETING
 
 12:00-13:30  ---  Lunch
 
 13:30-13:45  MAG  Welcome 
                   - Introduction
                   - Acknowlege Agenda
                   - Minutes, secretary and action items
                   - Gather names, contact info
 13:45-14:15  TCY  Report from the Project Manager
                   - Overview of project activities
                   - Project Plan, deliverables, milestones
                   - Reporting: monthly, quarterly
                   - Finances and Accounting: Audits, VAT, Form C
                   - Wiki 
 14:15-15:00  var  Overview by Management Team [1]
                     (10-15 mins per talk, questions)
                   - NA2
                   - NA3
                   - NA4
 
 15:00-15:30  ---  Break
 
 15:30-16:30  var  Overview by Management Team [1]
                     (10-15 mins per talk, questions)
                   - SA1
                   - SA2
                   - JRA1
              var  Overview by Related Projects
                   - eMERLIN
                   - e-Lofar
                   
 16:30-16:50  var  Open question preiod
 
 16:50-17:00  MAG  Wrap up
                   - Acknowledge action items
                   - Logistics for dinner
                   - Adjurn
                   
 17:00-18:00  ---  Break until dinner
 18:00-20:30  ---  Dinner
 
 
 Note 1: These are designed to be relatively informal presentations.  
 Slides are not mandatory, but would be nice if you are going to 
 cover information that may be new to other members of the 
 project.  Topics that should be covered include:
   - Speaker's name, institution
   - Activity's proper name and goal
   - Activity's current focus
   - Problems encountered or expected
   - Short term goals (next 6 months)
   - Deliverables completed or soon to complete
 
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 BOARD MEETING
 
 09:00-09:30  MAG  Welcome 
                   - Acknowlege Agenda
                   - Minutes, secretary and action items
                   - Quorum
                   - Gather names, contact info
                   - Introduction of individuals: board vs. proxy
                   - Initiation of Board, responsibilities
 09:30-10:00  MAG  Election of Chair (Chr) and Vice-Chair
                   - Announce names/suggestions
                   - Discussion, as necessary
                   - Vote
 10:00-10:15  Chr  Acknowledge
                   - Project Coordinator
                   - Project Manager
                   - Introduction of Management Team, responsibil
 10:15-10:30  TCY  Consortium Agreement
                   - Highlights and overview of responsibilities
                   - Board functions
                   - Voting, Proxy
                   - Quorum, Majority
 10:30-10:45  TCY  Project Management Update (1 of 2)
                   - Reporting requirements for EC
                   - Audits, audit certificates
                   - Annual review
                   - Discussion
 
 10:45-11:15  ---  Break
 
 11:15-11:45  TCY  Project Management Update (2 of 2)
                   - Timeline from ProjMgmt POV
                   - financial withholdings, 10% per year
                   - payments to sites
                   - Discussion
 12:30-13:30  ---  Lunch
 
 13:30-13:40  TCY  Contact information
                   - email addr, alternate individuals
                   - financial contact
                   - administrative contact
 13:40-13:50  MAG  Call for hosts
                   - 6th International e-VLBI Workshop, Europe
 13:50-14:15  MAG  Subcontracts
                   - MIT/Haystack, explanation
                   - Descision by Board
 14:15-14:30  HvL  FABRIC: Management update
 14:30-15:00  Chr  ??? [2]
 
 15:00-15:30  ---  Break
 
 15:30-16:00  Chr  ??? [2]
 16:00-17:15  MAG  FP7, e-Infrastructures
                   - Discussion
 17:15-17:30  TCY  Wrap up/Closing
 
 
 Note 2:  Providing two sessions (45 min and 30 min) for items suggested by Board prior to the meeting.
 
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 </DRAFT>
 
kickoff/agenda.txt · Last modified: 2007/05/11 14:15 (external edit)